Thursday, June 28, 2007

Twentieth Posting

Virginia Woolf what a weird woman, but I guess we all can be. "The Lady in the Looking-Glass: A Reflection" is a very funny reading to me. I really enjoyed reading about a nosey person. I understand that the story is more meaningful than what I see it as, but I think I can still explain and express my own opinion. In the introduction it actually helped me to really understand exactly what the story symbolized and it truly written about. I think it is just merely a person being nosey. I really think it is so realistic. I can literally see a woman sitting and focusing on a looking glass in order to be able to see what is going on in someone else's life or home. I think it is great how the description is so detailed from the garden to the cabinets. I know that I should probably focus on Isabella Tyson who had so secrets. The narrator basically helps to clarify that you really don't know what goes on behind closed doors and also you can judge a book by its cover. I really think that this type of activity is probably some kind of crime now-a-days (haha). I like how she is sarcastic at the end by saying "People should not leave looking-glasses hanging in their rooms" this statement to me really made the story. I think the ending was actually the best part she really did a good job building up to that ending.

4 comments:

Jonathan.Glance said...

Krista,

Congratulations on having completed your 20th post!

Interesting and insightful post--I agree that the unnamed speaker is a much more interesting character than Isabella Tyson.

Gloria Fletcher said...

I think the story was funny also. Yes, a busy body to me as well.

Jared Hall said...

Krista,

I really liked your thoughts on "The Lady in the Looking Glass: A Reflection". I liked the way that you added your personal opinions throughout the blog posting. Good job.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.