Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sixteenth Posting

Bernand Shaw is a play writer. I think I enjoyed reading his soap opera "Pygmalion." The only problem I had was that it was really long. I say it is a soap opera because it is very similar to our everyday life in a sense. All of the different people and events. The Mother and Daughter and going out in the rain. This is just an example of something that happens in everyday life.

On page 1015 he really does a good job of describing the living conditions. Eliza seems to live in very poor conditions. It is really kind of sick. I can actually visualize the run down house and all of the old fixings.

I really am upset about the ending. It kind of made it pointless in reading the whole play. The ending was completely unfinished that is horrible. I wonder does Eliza leave Higgins for good to marry Freddy or does she stay with Higgins. I think in the end I kind of wasted my time reading this it is like watching a movie that doesn't have a good ending. I know that I can't stand the feeling of not knowing.

1 comment:

Jonathan.Glance said...

Krista,

Some good comments on Shaw's Pygmalion, but not very cohesive or detailed discussion. In the end Eliza does marry Freddy--the postlude gives all the details. In the musical version, My Fair Lady, Eliza comes back to Higgins. Sorry you felt it a waste of time.